Celebrate Christmas safely this year - Here's everything you need to know about the relaxed rules:
- From the 23rd until 27th December three households will be allowed to mix indoors and stay overnight. Wales only allows two households to mix.
- Travel restrictions between tiered areas will be relaxed.
- You can meet people outside your ‘Christmas Bubble’ as long as social distancing is adhered to.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating you cannot form as part of a bubble.
- You can only meet in homes, places of worship or public outdoor spaces - not pubs or restaurants.
For more information, click here.
As of Wednesday, the UK has strengthened its Covid advice for families planning to meet this Christmas. Prime Minister Boris Johnson said we must "exercise extreme caution" in the way we celebrated Christmas, and show "a high degree of personal responsibility" to protect those most vulnerable.
If you do choose to form a ‘Christmas Bubble’ over the festive holidays, here are the Government guidelines:
- Stop unnecessary social contact outside your immediate household as soon as possible and for at least five days before you meet other family members.
- Keep your bubble as small as possible.
- Only be in one Christmas bubble.
- Do not change your Christmas bubble.
- Only meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home.
What are the rules after Christmas?
Once the Christmas celebrations have finished many areas will go back into local tiered restrictions. Northern Ireland and Wales have recently announced they’ll be going into lockdown shortly after Christmas:
- From Boxing Day (26th Dec), Northern Ireland will enter a 6 week lockdown. Find out more.
- From the 28th December, Wales will go into a lockdown. Find out more.
England and Scotland have not yet announced any changes to their Covid measures, however it is expected that tighter restrictions will be needed after the festive holidays.
At Trusted PPE, we’re here to help you stay safe over the festive season. Our range of PPE provide high-quality protection to you, your family and business. Send us a message via webchat, social media, email or phone and we’ll help answer your questions and offer support.